Questions / Topics

Collapse All Expand All

How can I contact military personnel? 

The Air Force World Wide Locator offered by the Air Force Personnel Center (AFPC) handles official and unofficial requests to locate Air Force Personnel. Official requests are defined as requests received from any government agency and the Department of Defense (DoD). All other requests are considered unofficial in nature. 

The Air Force World Wide Locator only has location information on individuals who are currently receiving compensation from the U.S. Air Force (Active Duty, Guard, Reserve, Retired and Civil Service Personnel). If the individual has separated from the Air Force, no information is available. To obtain or find out more information about the service, you can contact AFPC at: 

550 C Street West Suite 50 
Randolph AFB TX 78150-4752 

Commercial: (210) 565-2660 
Military to Military: DSN 665-2660 

Customer Service Hours: 
Monday - Friday (except Federal Holidays) 
7:30 AM - 4:30 PM (Central Standard Time) 

E-mail: afpc.pa.dlist@randolph.af.mil 

If you need to contact a military member for emergency purposes, call your local Red Cross chapter -- go to the Red CrossWeb site and enter your zip code on the home page. 


How can I obtain copies of my military records?

Individual military departments, including the Air Force, do not maintain files or records pertaining to individuals no longer on active duty. When an individual is separated from military service (because of retirement, discharge from active duty or death), his/her Field Personnel File (containing all military and health records) is forwarded for storage to the National Personnel Records Center (military). The Records Center is under the jurisdiction of the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) of the U.S. Government. 

An individual's complete service record is available to the former service member or, if deceased, to his/her next of kin (parents, spouse or children). Limited information (such as dates of service, awards, and training) is available to anyone. Not available to the general public is information which would invade an individual's privacy; for example, medical records, Social Security number or present address. 

If requesting the records of a relative, a requester should mention the relationship to the former member (brother, uncle, or other). There is no charge for this service to former service members or their next of kin. For others, a nominal fee is charged for research and reproduction costs. Files at the Records Center are maintained as historical records only and are not updated to reflect current data on the former service member. The address for the National Personnel Records Center is: 

National Personnel Records Center 
9700 Page Blvd 
St. Louis MO 63132 
Phone: 314-801-0800 or 1-866-272-6272 (1-86-NARA-NARA) 
For individuals compiling family histories, NARA provides assistance to those interested in genealogy. NARA normally charges a nominal fee for research and reproduction costs. Their address is: 

National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) 
8th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue 
Washington, DC 20408 


I have questions about the Air National Guard or the National Guard Bureau. How do I get answers?

National Guard Almanac (34th Ed, 2008), Copies can be purchased for $12.00 + $3.50 shipping. Contact: UNIFORMED SERVICES ALMANAC, INC., P.O. Box 4144, Falls Church, VA 22044. Phone: 703-532-1631.


I would like to sell a product/service to the Air National Guard?

Under the Federal Acquisition Regulations, any contracting opportunities/projects the National Guard undertakes are solicited via normal contracting procedures, including approval from the Acquisition Planning Board. 

To find out about contracting opportunities with the National Guard, log on to the Commerce Business Daily Web site. All solicitations on behalf of the Guard can be found on that site. 


What is the Air National Guard? 

The Air National Guard is a civilian reserve component of the United States Air Force that provides prompt mobilization during war and assistance during national emergencies. 

In the U.S. military, the Air National Guard, as part of the National Guard, is the organized militia of a particular U.S. state and is also a reserve component of the U.S. Air Force. Each state, territory, and the District of Columbia has an Air National Guard. As Federally-organized militia, Air National Guard units may be activated by both the President of the United States and the governor of the state in which the ANG unit resides. 

How do I get a new military/dependent ID card?

Call the 102nd Force Support Flight to make an appointment.  Their phone number is 508-968-4180.

Are there any enlistment bonuses available and if so how much? 

There is a $15,000 enlistment bonus depending upon the job.  For more information please call 508-968-4500.


Are there certain qualifications? 

There are age restrictions and applicants must be a high school graduate. Each interested applicant must complete a physical and an Air Force aptitude test also known as the ASVAB.  For more information please call 508-968-4500.


Can I get money for college/tuition? 

Yes. The Air National Guard offers the Montgomery G.I. Bill, which you may be eligible to receive. This will provide you with up to $297 per month depending on your course load. We also have the Montgomery G.I. Bill Kicker, which means that selected career fields offer an incentive, which could provide you with an additional $350 per month.  For more information please call 508-968-4500.


How much money will I get paid? 

Your pay will depend on your rank.  For the most current military pay scale information, please visit http://www.dfas.mil/militarymembers/payentitlements/military-pay-charts.html.


What are my benefits as an Air National Guardsman?

For information on the benefits of being an Air National Guardsman, visit the Air Reserve Personnel Center website.


What are my chances of getting deployed? 

There is always a chance that you will deploy. However, the Air National Guard can ensure that you will be fully trained with the skills to be mission ready at all times.


What does 'one weekend a month and two weeks a year' include? 

Each member is required to attend unit training assemblies (UTA) one weekend a month. The UTA duty day is from 7 a.m. - 3:30pm. Each day will include training and the operation of your job. The other two weeks a year are annual training days that must be completed to ensure the member has completed all required training for their specific career field. This time is slotted to attend training schools or training at the base. 


What if I dislike the job I choose, am I stuck with it? 

Absolutely not! You can be given the opportunity to cross train into another career field that is more desirable to you. The Air National Guard allows you to make your own career decision. 


What is my commitment? 

You have an option of enlisting for 6 years. Your commitment to the Air Guard is typically working one weekend each month and 15 annual training days every year.  For more information please call 508-968-4500.


What types of jobs or careers can I pursue? 

There are several opportunities one can pursue. The 102nd offers jobs in Intelligence, Medical, Finance, Culinary Arts, Human Resources, Security Forces, Public Affairs, Ministry, and many more.


When can I join the Air National Guard? 

You can join the ANG at the age of 17 with parental consent or at the age of 18 without parental consent. For those joining at age 17, you can join in the summer before your senior year of high school. 

Are there any temporary lodging facilities available for active duty military and military retirees?

Yes, there are temporary lodging facilities available.  To make a reservation, please call 508-968-6461.